Sunnyside Station seeks to provide a shared, community-driven workspace for location-independent workers. It exists because of you and for you. As a member, you will not just be a customer of Sunnyside Station; you’ll be an active part of what Sunnyside Station is and does for you and for others.
Below are some, but not all, of the benefits members receive as part of their membership:
- Access to high-speed wireless internet
- Unlimited coffee & tea
- Reservation of meeting room
- Admission to member-related events held in the space
- 24/7 Access to the space via key-card access
Day Pass ($35/day non-members, $20/day members)
People interested in simply dropping in for the day can do so for a day rate provided there is sufficient space. Contact us ahead of time for availability and meeting room scheduling at firstname.lastname@example.org
Some Time ($75/month)
- Access one day per week or four days per calendar month
- Discount on additional days ($20 per additional day)
- 1 hr maximum meeting room time per week
- Access up to two days per week or eight days per calendar month
- Discount on additional days ($20 per additional day)
- 2 hrs maximum meeting room time per week (exceptions must be approved by Sunnyside Station staff)
- Unlimited access
- 8 hrs maximum meeting room time per week (exceptions must be approved by Sunnyside Station staff)
- Unlimited access
- Dedicated desk for your exclusive use
- Featured on the Sunnyside Station website (optional)
- 10 hrs maximum meeting room time per week (exceptions must be approved by Sunnyside Station staff)
Private Office ($850-$2450/month)
- Unlimited access
- Private office secured with key-card
- Accommodates small teams of 2-5 individuals
- Featured on the Sunnyside Station website (optional)
- 1 reserved off-street parking spot
Renewal and Termination
Membership is a privilege and not a right, gross misconduct may result in immediate termination. Sunnyside Station membership renewal is automatic unless terminated by the member. Members may terminate this agreement at any time by providing one month’s notice.
Invoicing and Payment
Members are automatically invoiced and charged monthly on the date of their initial membership signup at the rate selected for their current membership option. Payment must be made through the Sunnyside Station website via PayPal. We will not accept any other forms of payment.
1. Acceptance of Terms.
Sunnyside Station reserves the right to update the TOU at any time. Sunnyside Station will attempt to contact you to notify you of any updates within 30 days of their enactment using the contact information provided. Updated TOU will also be posted and viewable on the Sunnyside Station website.
2. Description of Services.
Sunnyside Station may provide you with access to office space, work stations, Internet access, office equipment, conference space, knowledge resources, and other services as Sunnyside Station may provide from time to time (collectively, “Services”). The Services at all times are subject to the TOU.
3. No Unlawful or Prohibited Use.
As a condition of your use of the Services, you will not use the Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions and notices. You may not use the Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any Sunnyside Station server, or the network(s) connected to any Sunnyside Station server, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of any Services. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any Services, or accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any Sunnyside Station server or to any of the Services, through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Services. You hereby represent and warrant that you have all requisite legal power and authority to enter into and abide by the terms and conditions of this TOU and no further authorization or approval is necessary. You further represent and warrant that your participation or use of the Services will not conflict with or result in any breach of any license, contract, agreement or other instrument or obligation to which you are a party.
4. Use of Services.
You agree that when participating in or using the Services, you will not:
- Use the Services in connection with contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise);
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information on or through Sunnyside Station Services;
- Upload, or otherwise make available, files that contain images, photographs, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, including, by way of example, and not as limitation, copyright or trademark laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consent to do the same;
- Use any material or information, including images or photographs, which are made available through the Services in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary right of any party;
- Upload files that contain viruses, Trojan Horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer or property of another;
- Download any file(s) that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally reproduced, displayed, performed, and/or distributed in such manner;
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Services;
- Violate any code of conduct of other guidelines which may be applicable for any particular Service (including the Building Rules for 4047 Tejon Street);
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without the authorization or consent of the disclosing party;
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations; and
- Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others.
5. Code of Conduct
- Quiet Enjoyment
All members and guests have the right to quiet enjoyment and any behavior that breaches this will not be condoned.
- Open Environment
This is an open office shared by many different peoples and organizations. Anything said should be expected to be heard by others.
Please pickup after yourself. Be considerate of other members and wipe down shared desks, tables, and countertops after use. When using the kitchen clean your dishes and put away once dry.
- Meeting Room Usage
The meeting room can be used by any member. This is based on reasonable usage by each member. If any room needs to be booked for more than 2 hours please make a request to Sunnyside Station staff for approval. This is to ensure that the meeting room can be used by other Sunnyside Station members.
- No Pets or Bikes
The building owner does not allow bikes or pets in the building. This is a lease condition which Sunnyside Station has no control over. Bicycles may be parked in the provided bike racks in the parking area behind the building.
Designated off-street parking is reserved for private office members and Sunnyside Station management. Use of parking is at the sole risk of the member. Sunnyside Station is not liable for member property.
Any guest must be accompanied by a member at all times. A guest must be listed in the Guest Register before using any of the amenities. The inviting member will be responsible for their guests actions at all times. Guests may only occupy common areas such as the meeting room, lobby or private office of host member. Use of any of the open workspaces, phone booth, or community kitchen require purchase of a day pass.
- Guest Register
This must be completed by the hosting member. It is required to record the guest’s details and ensure they have understand the TOU.
- Key Card
Sunnyside Station provides a security key card for access to the building and private offices (if applicable). These keys belong to Sunnyside Station. It is your responsibility to safe-guard your key card and not share with others. Any misuse will immediately breach the membership agreement. If lost or stolen you must notify Sunnyside Station immediately. Failure to return provided key cards at the end of the membership agreement may result in a fine of $25 for each.
Sunnyside Station reserves the right at all times to disclose any information about you, your participation in and use of the Services as Sunnyside Station deems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
- You acknowledge and agree that during your participation in and use of the Services you may be exposed to Confidential Information. “Confidential Information” shall mean all information, in whole or in part, that is disclosed by Sunnyside Station,, or any participant or user of the Services or any employee, affiliate, or agent thereof, that is nonpublic, confidential or proprietary in nature. Confidential Information also includes, without limitation, information about business, sales, operations, know-how, trade secrets, technology, products, employees, customers, marketing plans, financial information, services, business affairs, any knowledge gained through examination or observation of or access to the facilities, computer systems and/or books and records of Sunnyside Station, any analyses, compilations, studies or other documents prepared by Sunnyside Station or otherwise derived in any manner from the Confidential Information and any information that you are obligated to keep confidential or know or has reason to know should be treated as confidential.
- Your participation in and/or use of the Services obligates you to
- maintain all Confidential Information in strict confidence;
- not to disclose Confidential Information to any third parties;
- not to use the Confidential Information in any way directly or indirectly detrimental to Sunnyside Station or any participant or user of the Services.
- All Confidential Information remains the sole and exclusive property of Sunnyside Station or the respective disclosing party. You acknowledge and agree that nothing in this TOU or your participation or use of the Services will be construed as granting any rights to you, by license or otherwise, in or to any Confidential Information or any patent, copyright or other intellectual property or proprietary rights of Sunnyside Station or any participant or user of the Services.
8. Participation In or Use of Services.
You acknowledge that you are participating in or using the Services at your own free will and decision. You acknowledge that Sunnyside Station does not have any liability with respect to your access, participation in, use of the Services, or any loss of information resulting from such participation or use.
9. Disclaimer of Warranties.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Sunnyside Station provides the services “as is” and with all faults, and hereby disclaim with respect to the services all warranties and conditions, whether express, implied or statutory, including, but not limited to, any (if any) warranties, duties or conditions of or related to: merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, lack of viruses, accuracy or completeness of responses, results, workmanlike effort and lack of negligence. Also, there is no warranty, duty or condition of title, quiet enjoyment, quiet possession, correspondence to description or non-infringement. The entire risk as to the quality, or arising out of participation in or the use of the services, remains with you.
10. Exclusion of Incidental, Consequential and Certain Other Damages.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall Sunnyside Station or its subsidiaries (whether or not wholly-owned), affiliates, divisions, and their past, present and future officers, agents, shareholders, members, representatives, employees, successors and assigns, jointly or individually be liable for any direct, special, incidental, indirect, punitive, consequential or other damages whatsoever (including, but not limited to, damages for: loss of profits, loss of confidential or other information, business interruption, personal injury, loss of privacy, failure to meet any duty (including of good faith or of reasonable care), negligence, and any other pecuniary or other loss whatsoever) arising out of or in any way related to the participation in or inability to participate in or use of the services, the provision of or failure to provide services, or otherwise under or in connection with any provision of this agreement, even in the event of the fault, tort (including negligence), strict liability, breach of contract or breach of warranty of Sunnyside Station, and even if Sunnyside Station has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
11. Limitation of Liability and Remedies.
Notwithstanding any damages that you might incur for any reason whatsoever (including, without limitation, all damages referenced above and all direct or general damages), the entire liability of Sunnyside Station or its subsidiaries (whether or not wholly-owned), affiliates, divisions, and their past, present and future officers, agents, shareholders, members, representatives, employees, successors and assigns under any provision of this TOU and your exclusive remedy for all of the foregoing shall be limited to actual damages incurred by you based on reasonable reliance up to ten dollars (USD $10.00). The foregoing limitations, exclusions and disclaimers (including sections 8 and 9 above) shall apply to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, even if any remedy fails its essential purpose.
Sunnyside Station reserves the right to terminate any Service at any time. Sunnyside Station further reserves the right to terminate your participation in and use of any Services, immediately and without notice, if you fail to comply with the TOU.
You release, and hereby agree to indemnify, defend and save harmless Sunnyside Station and Sunnyside Station subsidiaries (whether or not wholly-owned), affiliates, divisions, and their past, present and future officers, agents, shareholders, members, representatives, employees, successors and assigns, jointly and individually, from and against all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, costs, expenses, judgments, fines and penalties based upon or arising out of your negligent actions, errors and omissions, willful misconduct and fraud in connection with the participation in or use of the Services. You further agree in the event that you bring a claim or lawsuit in violation of this agreement, you shall be liable for any attorneys’ fees and costs incurred by Sunnyside Station or its respective officers and agents in connection with the defense of such claim or lawsuit.
In the event that any provision or portion of this TOU is determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason, in whole or in part, the remaining provisions of this TOU shall be unaffected thereby and shall remain in full force and effect to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
Sunnyside Station will carry Liability and Business Personal Property insurance. As a user, it is strongly suggested that you carry a Renters Insurance policy to cover your own equipment while using our space. That policy may cover your current residence/office, as well as the premises of Sunnyside Station. I hereby acknowledge that I have read and understood all of the terms and conditions contained in this TOU and further agree to be bound to the TOU regarding my participation in and use of the Services.